Safir Open Day
Drones have captured the imagination in a big way. Ever more use cases are popping up, with drones playing vital roles in a range of different industries. However, the economic fulfilment of drones’ potential hinges on their safe integration in the airspace.
On September 5th, the SAFIR consortium will bring drone traffic one step closer to reality. During the first Open Day at DronePort in Sint-Truiden, the SAFIR project partners will showcase how technology supports the safe deployment of a multitude of drones (you can register here).
European Commissioner for Transport Violeta Bulc will be joining us to witness the drone flights and technologies.
Read more about the SAFIR project and partners here: www.sesarju.eu/projects/safir
This U-Space project has received funding from the SESAR Joint Undertaking under the European Union’s Connection Europe Facility (CEF) programme under grant agreement SJU/LC/344-CTR.
5 September 2019
- 10:00 - 10:15
- Introduction by Tom Vanham (CEO LRM & Member of the Board DronePort)
- 10:15 - 12:00
- Presentation SAFIR
- Presentation by all project partners
- 12:00 - 12:30
- Exploration of DronePort Campus
- With exhibition stands by DronePort residents
- 12:30 - 14:00
- Walking lunch & Networking
- Network opportunity at DronePort Cuisine
- 14:00 - 16:00
- Live drone flights and visualization of U-space
- 16:00 - 17:00
- moderated by Stef Wijnants: Johan Decuyper (CEO skeyes), Marc Kegelaers (CEO Unifly), Robert Roth (Engineering Director Amazon Prime Air), Mark Vanlook (CEO DronePort), Erwin Verstraelen (Chief Digital Information & Innovation Officer Port of Antwerp)
- 17:00 - 18:00
- DronePort Café
- A flying start for the Drone Rookie Camps
- BATS demonstrates live 3D radar system for drone detection
- PXL, DronePort and Province of Limburg launch post-graduate Drones Business Architect
- CONFEDERATIE BOUW AND POM LIMBURG INVESTIGATE ADDED VALUE OF DRONES
- SAFIR consortium chosen to carry out U-space drone demonstrations in Belgium