Beyond line of sight drone missies
Ons OUTDOOR TESTGEBIED EBR 64 wordt gebruikt voor vluchten die vertrekken van startbaan 06L/24R en/of operationeel zijn buiten de EBR’s 61, 62 en 63 voor beyond line of sight drone missies.
- UAV multi-copter
- Fixed-wing flight training
- Demonstration & events
- Surface: approx. 12km x 7km (6000 Ha)*
- Minus a 50 m bufferzone from the edges of the area
- Maximum area altitude 2000 Ft AMSL (1750 Ft AGL/ 530 m AGL)*
- *Minus 100 Ft safety bufferWIFI available
- Permanent contact with control tower
- In accordance with BCAA Requirements
- Simultaneous flights of unmanned and manned aircraft allowed
- Premiminary coordination with Belgian Civil Aviation Authority (BCAA):
- Class 1 RPAS require BCAA approval when operating outside the aerodrome movement area.
- Special RPAS flights above 300 FT AGL, outside the aerodrome boundary, VLOS or BLOS also require BCAA approval.
- Take-off and landing from the RWY 06L/24R or from one of the platforms in EBR 61 (see procedures EBR 61)
- RPAS have to avoid all populated areas within EBR 64
- No simultaneous manned traffic is allowed in Sint-Truiden ATZ when RPAS active in EBR 64
- Permanent contact between de Drone Zone Responsible (DZR) and the DAC thru ProTalk 2-way ground communication system (provided at DronePort) and back up by mobile phone The area has to be activated by NOTAM. NOTAM request will be introduced by the DronePort OPS Manager after drone-flight slot approval
- Slot request to be introduced by the drone operator at the latest 2 working days before the day of the flight event
- DZR must contact DAC a safety problem occurs or could occur in respect to manned aircraft
- DZR must inform DAC of any incident or accident
- DZR will inform DAC at the start and the end of flying activities