Our OUTDOOR 1,5 NM ZONE consists of the terrain and airspace outside the EBR61, EBR62 and EBR63 areas but within the aerodrome boundary till 1,5 Nm (nautical miles) outside the aerodrome boundary.
- Vertical limits: As per Royal Decree Drones
- Lateral limits: Circle till 1,5 Nm outside aerodrome boundary
- RPAS flights in this zone, but outside the context of the DronePort activities in EBR 61, 62, 63 and 64 require BCAA approval first (see BCAA Requirements)
- All Class 1 and 2 RPAS flights in Zone 1 require also DronePort OPS Manager approval (Ref Royal Decree drones 10 Apr 16)
- Slot request to be introduced by the drone operator at the latest 2 working days before the day of the flight event to the DronePort OPS Manager and after BCAA approval